Storm situations are a fact of life in coastal communities.
The worst of those occur in low-lying areas that can’t drain heavy rainfall quickly enough. Then let an offshore wind drive the high tide to unprecedented levels, and the water can become deadly.
Survival experts warn people not to climb into their attics to escape rising water. There’s no escape hatch to open air. Without an ax to pummel our way through the roof, we are trapped in an impossible situation.
It’s vital to keep a way of escape in mind, to have a back door exit available, to always consider alternative routes we can use.
The Bible tells us God has thought through an escape from every spiritual temptation we might face.
1 Corinthians 10:13 says:
“No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.”
God will not let you be tempted beyond what you can withstand. He provides the ax to make your escape hatch.
Here are some ways to cut through the roof when the waters are rising higher than you dreamed possible.
- Leave the bar. Don’t take that second drink.
- Turn off your computer. That website isn’t for you.
- Stop listening. Gossip doesn't fit your Christian witness.
- Hang up the phone. That person isn’t your spouse.
- Cut up the credit card. You can’t afford the payments.
- Make a date with your kids. They need your attention.
- File your tax return on time. Keep your finances in order.
- Call your parents. You can resolve any conflict.
Cut your way out of your situation. God has provided you a way. It’s up to you to take the first swing. He will be there to pull you free.
Break the bonds of temptation. Your strong arm comes from the redeeming power of Christ.
Copyright © 2020 MyChurchNotes.net